We Suggest 5 Tips for Whiter Teethby Dr. Lance R. Panarello
Who doesn’t want bright, pearly whites nowadays? Having whiter teeth can increase your self-confidence and self-esteem—and who doesn’t want that? Taking care of your teeth on a daily basis is paramount for healthy teeth and gums, but what about when you want whiter teeth? Well, there are some tips and tricks that you can use to get whiter teeth.
Our dentists utilize the ZOOM! Teeth Whitening System to help patients whiten their teeth. While this is an incredible, painless solution that is completed in our office, there are a few tips you and your family can use outside of the office for whiter teeth.
Here we present 5 tips for whiter teeth:
- Stay away from consuming large amounts of dark-colored beverages on a consistent basis. This includes colas, red wine, and dark-colored juices. If you do consume these products, use a straw when possible to minimize the direct contact of the stain-producing beverage on your teeth.
- Do not smoke or use tobacco products. The tar and chemicals contained in tobacco products are the culprits of staining your teeth. Quitting smoking will do great wonders for your health and for your dental health care as well.
- You should eat plenty of crunchy fruits and vegetables in your diet. This includes: apples, celery, carrots, spinach, broccoli, and lettuce. Actually, eating these foods helps remove stains by exfoliating your teeth before the molecules have time to stain the surface of your teeth.
- Brush your teeth with toothpaste that includes baking soda. This is an incredible, natural way to whiten your teeth. Plus, you will have fresh breath since baking soda is known to repel odors!
- After you eat, chew sugar-free gum that contains xylitol, which is a natural sweetener that aids in preventing plaque buildup. Plaque buildup occurs in the presence of regular sugar, but not in the presence of xylitol. Furthermore, xylitol increases saliva production, and saliva helps clear out stain-producing bacteria in the crevices of your mouth.
To obtain whiter teeth, you can take advantage of our in-office teeth whitening solutions and also follow the tips above. You’ll be well on your way to obtaining whiter teeth for a bright, shiny smile!