Bruxism & Teeth Grinding Treatment in Chester, PAby Dr. Lance R. Panarello
Do you or someone you know constantly have headaches and/or jaw joint pain? Do you wake up with migraines on a consistent basis, and you are completely confused why this happens? Well, do you know that these are common signs of grinding your teeth at night while you sleep? Seeing a doctor for bruxism and teeth grinding treatment should happen right away.
Millions of people around the world grind their teeth and are completely unaware of it. Bruxism is also the term used to describe teeth grinding. If you continue to do so without getting treatment, grinding your teeth can lead to significant dental concerns and health problems.
Painful symptoms of grinding your teeth
At Dental Health Care Associates, our cosmetic and general dentists want to help you and your family obtain a restful night’s sleep, and not wake up with painful, annoying symptoms. By taking advantage of our bruxism and teeth grinding treatment, you will significantly relieve symptoms, such as:
- Ringing in your ears
- Damaged teeth (broken crowns, teeth worn down flat)
- Intense jaw joint pain
- Frequent headaches
- Muscle soreness (especially jaw and facial muscles)
- Daytime drowsiness the next day due to interrupted sleep the night before
Find relief with our bruxism treatment!
Our tactic for alleviating painful teeth grinding symptoms is recommending a night guard called an NTI guard. If we determine that you grind your teeth, we will determine if you are a suitable candidate for the NTI.
- It will only take one office appointment to leave home with the NTI guard. The small appliance gets clipped onto your front upper teeth before you go to sleep at night. It is painless, safe, and very effective!
- The purpose of the guard is to prevent your teeth from touching each other in the back of your mouth, and to relax the jaw while you sleep.
- Essentially, it shields your teeth from grinding and gritting. Thus, your teeth will not suffer any damage, and your headache/migraine and other bruxism symptoms will be alleviated.
- When our patients wear the customized NTI, they experience significantly more restful, peaceful night’s sleep—without the painful symptoms.
- Most of all, the price for the NTI is relatively minimal, and some insurance plans sometimes cover a small portion of the cost.
Schedule your appointment today!
If you suffer from any of these symptoms, especially if it is on a regular basis, please come see our dentists. We will evaluate your symptoms to determine if you can benefit from our bruxism and teeth grinding treatment. Call us for your evaluation today, or to ask about any other dental services we provide!