Do You Need Dental Implants in Chester, PA?by Dr. Lance R. Panarello
You’ve probably heard by now about dental implants, and about their amazing benefits. Dental implants are typically used to replace missing teeth, and when the procedure is finished, implants leave you with a brilliant, new smile!
Interesting facts about dental implants
In case you’d like to know more information about dental implants, here are 5 things you should know:
- Dental implants can require no healing time (or very little), whereas others can require 3-6 months to heal. This depends on the severity of your case, and many other factors that can speed or slow down your healing process.
- The dental implant procedure is not painful—that’s only a myth! With our exceptional sedation dentistry options, you will be safely sedated throughout the entire procedure. You’ll wake up once we’re finished, and you’ll experience the amazing benefits of our dental implants!
- With major advancements in our field, it is now possible to rebuild your bone and gums in order to place your dental implants. Back when dental implants first originated, this was not possible! Now we can use our patients’ own growth factors to recreate any bone that has been previously lost. This allows us to have sufficient amount of bone to place the dental implant, and to strongly anchor the implant into your bone. This is an important advancement since most people back then were told they weren’t candidates for dental implants due to insufficient amount of bone.
- The majority of dental implants used today are made from a material called titanium. The biocompatible titanium screws are used to keep the implant in place. Using titanium creates a strong post and durable foundation for dental implants. Even though some dentists use materials other than titanium, we have found that titanium works the best for our patients.
- Dental implants first started being used in the mid 1960s. Since then, several advancements within the field now make it possible for dental implants to last longer, and makes the dental implant procedure quicker and significantly less painless. Furthermore, the materials used back then compared to today are more durable and safe, too.
If you are interested in getting dental implants in Chester, PA, you can schedule your appointment with one of our exceptional dentists. The Dental Health Care Associates will evaluate your teeth and gums to ensure that you are a suitable candidate for dental implants. If you are, you will be well on your way to healthy teeth and gums by taking advantage of our dental implants or other esthetic dental services!