Dental Implants in Philadelphiaby Dr. Lance R. Panarello
Have you heard about dental implants and are wondering if they are a good option for you? The cosmetic dentists of Dental Health Care Associates have the strong desire to educate you about dental implants so you can evaluate whether or not you would benefit from implants. If you’re looking for a dentist for dental implants in Philadelphia, you can trust us with your dental care!
Sedation dentistry for dental implants
Receiving dental implants requires that you undergo an invasive procedure. However, during these procedures, you will have the opportunity to choose among our sedation dentistry options. Sedation dentistry relieves fear, worries, and anxiety that you might exhibit at the dentist’s office.
We have two sedation options: oral conscious sedation or IV sedation. When you receive oral or IV sedation, you do not lose consciousness—you are still able to respond to the dentist and dental assistant(s). Patients who undergo invasive procedures like root canals, dental implants, or patients who have dental anxiety seem to favor sedation dentistry.
Recovery period after dental implants placement
Once we are complete with the dental implant procedures, recovery is critical to the healing process.
- After the implant has been placed, you must maintain a strict oral hygiene routine so that the implant properly fuses to the bone. Not flossing, brushing, and keeping the area around the implant clean could definitely lead to implant failure.
- Effective oral care is critical for positive, long-term results. Actually, dental implant restoration can last for more than 40 years with proper care!
- Immediately after the dental implants procedure, you may experience minimal discomfort, swelling of your gums and face, or minor bleeding and bruising at the site of the implant. To handle the pain, the dental implants dentist will probably prescribe pain medication(s) so you can get relief from any discomfort.
- Full healing after the procedure can take up to six months.
- Also, fitting and seating the crown that is placed on top of your tooth can take up to two months.
- You should keep in mind that these are rough estimates for how long the healing process takes since every patient is different.
- During the healing process, our implant dentists will want you to come in for office appointments to check the status of your healing, and to monitor your progress.
Experience our implant sedation dentistry!
With our experience and expertise, you will feel comfortable and confident in our dental implants dentists. We are committed to providing you with the best dental care, while meeting your comfort and relaxation needs, too!