Receiving Natural-looking Veneers in Media, PAby Dr. Lance R. Panarello
If you look at yourself in the mirror and wish you could remove the stains on your teeth, or close the gap in between in your teeth, you’ve come to the right place! At Dental Health Care Associates, we offer amazing, aesthetically pleasing veneers to our patients within the Media, PA area. Our cosmetic dentistry patients consistently rave at how quick, easy, and painless the process is to receive our porcelain veneers.
Obviously, after receiving veneers and experiencing first-hand your extraordinary new smile, you will want your veneers smile to last for as long as possible. Typically, porcelain veneers can last anywhere between 10-20 years after placement. This is heavily dependent upon your at-home dental care regimen, your eating habits, and your lifestyle habits.
Long-term veneers care
To effectively promote healthy long-term veneers care, we recommend avoiding the following types of food/beverages after your veneers placement:
- We recommend avoiding hard foods/snacks. This includes pistachio nuts, hard candy, chicken/rib bones, and the like. If you must eat hard foods, we recommend chewing with your back teeth.
- We recommend avoiding frequent and/or heavy alcohol consumption. Over time, alcohol dissolves the bonding material used to fasten the veneers to your tooth.
We also recommend avoiding:
- Biting your fingernails.
- Biting toothpicks or other hard items that can displace your veneers
- Grinding or clenching teeth. If you grind or clench your teeth, our dentists might suggest a night mouth guard to prevent veneers damage.
- Opening items using your teeth.
- Using mouthwashes with ingredients containing a high alcohol-content level.
Overall healthy dental care
Always remember to care for your veneers the same way you would treat your natural teeth. Regardless of having veneers, your overall healthy at-home dental care should always include:
- Flossing once a day
- Brushing your teeth 2-3 times a day
- Limiting sugar consumption
- Staying away from dark colored beverages
- And don’t forget to schedule you and your family’s regular 6-month checkup appointments!
With an effective dental care routine, including a healthy diet and lifestyle choices, you can enjoy your beautiful veneers for many years to come! Abiding by the aforementioned tips and veneers eating recommendations, you can enjoy the long-lasting effects of porcelain veneers.
If you have any questions, or if you’d like to setup your appointment to take advantage of our veneers, please feel free to contact us. We are absolutely ready to create your flawless, dream smile—are you ready? Call today!